This article informs you about a new virulent of COVID-19 Omicron Variant this is an easily transmissible ailment that is harmful due to its spreading power. Coronavirus is havoc for the whole world and causes the death of many people around the world, it’s a variant of SARS- CoV-2. Before this new variant, the Delta variant of COVID-19 cause the second wave in the world and was the reason for the largest number of death.
Details of Covid-19 Omicron Variant
The first case of omicron was reported from South Africa on the 24th November 2021 and WHO announced this as a new variant within 48 hours on 26th November. It was named according to the name of the fifteenth Greek alphabet, it is formally known as B.1.1.529. There are many mutations in the structure of the virus which result in a new variant.
Why Omicron is a Matter of Concern?
- This is a new variant with several mutations in the gene most of the cases are reported in adults of 20 to 30 age.
- It has virulent symptoms and can spread with multiples of delta variants.
- The vaccine does not have very much effect on the covid-19 omicron variant.
- It has 10 mutations in the spike protein binds to human cells while the delta variant has only 2 mutations in its spike protein.
- This is the first time in the history of COVID that a variant is announced a new variant and a matter of concern within 48 hours.
Symptoms of the Covid-19 Omicron Variant
- It has very mild symptoms and there is no severity in any of the symptoms.
- Headache, little fever, feeling of a heavy body, cough, in some cases sore throat also.
- For any new variant minimum of four weeks are required for the study of symptoms and complete information about the symptoms.
All symptoms are mild but can not to be ignored as they have more power of transmission. All the symptoms may not be complete in the above paragraph because research is going on.
Structure of Covid-19 Omicron Variant
Yes, this is a variant of the coronavirus and looks like that but there are small changes because it has some mutated gene in the virus. The scientist had given some statements about it and they all are related to the change in protein and amino acid sequence.
- There are a total of 50 mutations in the new variant of the corona.
- From the 50 mutations, 34 are in the spike protein and 10, in the binding protein which binds to the human cells.
- There is a change in the subunit of amino acids that may be the result of the insertion or deletion of the amino acid.
As mentioned above these all changes are poking to the transmissibility factor and may spread by more speed than delta variant maybe not severe variants.
Facts that are in favour
- Symptoms are mild and can be cured.
- This can be tested by RT-PCR
- There are fewer chances of re-infection.
- COVID vaccine may be thanked as an omicron vaccine.
- Most people are vaccinated if the vaccine affects omicron.
Case of Covid-19 Omicron Variant
- The first case was reported in South Africa.
- The US has also reported cases of covid-19 omicron variants.
- In India Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Delhi have cases of omicron.
- Karnataka has more cases in comparison to other states.
- There are less than ten thousand cases in India.
As the disease have the same pattern of virulence and have a big risk of spreading, precautions are necessary. Here is some method to prevent which is the same as coronavirus prevention but important to mention here.
- Keep a minimum distance of 1 meter at public places.
- Mask is mandatory for all people.
- The sanitizer is to be kept in your bag when you are outstation.
- Don’t unnecessarily touch in public places.
- Regular washing of hands is also helpful.
- In case of infection got to the nearest corona testing center.
This article have all the information which is available till now on the covid-19 omicron variant and the article is for the help of common people of you have any related information or may type of query you can mention it in the comment section. I hope this article helps you and you can also aware people by mentioning related information in comments.
FAQ: Covid-19 Omicron Variant
Ques. Is omicron more harmful than delta variant?
Ans. Yes, it is more harmful because of the risk of spreading and the transmission factor.
Ques. The vaccine has any effect on omicron or not?
Ans. The study is going on anyone till now is not sure about this statement minimum four weeks required for the study pattern for any diseases.
Ques. Are the symptoms of omicron are very harmful?
Ans. There are mild symptoms till now shown by this variant.