Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana 2022. It is a massive health infrastructure scheme which is worth ₹64,000 crores. This scheme is among the largest pan-India schemes by the prime minister which focuses on strengthening the healthcare system of the nation.
The main objective of this scheme is to fill all the gaps in the health infrastructure of the country, in both rural and urban areas of the nation. Let’s read further to know more about the massive healthcare strengthening scheme of Pradhan Mantri Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana.
Benefits Pradhan Mantri Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana
The benefits of this scheme are:
- The critical care services would be available in all the areas of the nation through hospital blocks. While, the leftover areas would be getting referral services.
- Here, individuals can have access to a large range of diagnostic services in the healthcare system through a series of laboratories across the nation.
- A national institution for virology would be set up along with disease Control centers and laboratories.
- This yojana aims to build an IT-enabled network of surveillance laboratories at district, block, national and regional levels in metro cities.
- It also focuses on opening up new public health units for detecting, preventing, investigating and combating the disease outbreaks.
- The main purpose of this scheme is to increase the total number of health professionals in medical colleges and district hospitals.
Crucial Health Programmes Introduced
Some important health programs are:
- National Mental Health Programme
- National Organ Transplant Programme
- National Leprosy Eradication Programme
- National Oral Health Care Programme
- National Vector Borne Diseases Control Programme
- National Programme For Prevention & Control Of Fluorosis.
Important System Strengthening Schemes
Some important system strengthening schemes are:
- National Health Mission
- Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana
- Ayushmaan Bharat Digital Mission
- LaQshya Programme
- Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
Main Interventions To Be Achieved By FY 25-26
The main interventions of this scheme are:
- To provide support to 17,788 rural Wellness & Health centers in 10 highly focused states.
- Expansion of the Health Information Portal in all states to link all the public laboratories.
- Establishing critical care hospitals in about 12 central institutions and 602 districts.
- Setting up public health laboratories in all the districts and public health units.
Eligibility Criteria For The Scheme
The eligibility criteria for this yojana is:
- Candidates should be a permanent resident.
- They should possess an aadhaar card.
The list of documents required are:
- Bank Passbook Information
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Domicile certificate
This scheme is also known as the Self-Reliant health scheme of India. Under this, each and every citizen would have great access to healthcare in the nation. So, this was all about the Pradhan Mantri Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana Scheme. Let us know your thoughts on this. In case of any query, drop in your questions in the comment box below. We will get back to you ASAP.